Thursday, February 09, 2006

Super Spiral Shawl Knit-a-long


The knitting bitches are doing a knit-a-long for this lace shawl from Meg Swanson's A Gathering of Lace . I admit, Ruthee had to do the cast on for me. I am afraid that if I had to do the cast-on myself it would have ended violently. Luckily for my family, she graciously offered to save me from that nerve racking hell.

After she did the cast on it was easy going! Everyone things that my choice of yarn was insane, but it seems to be turning out nicely. I am excited to see how it will turn out and whether I will actually finish it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a beginner knitter with the goal of making a spiral baby blanket for a dear friend who is due in June. As he/she will be a summer baby I thought this pattern would be light enough to be used in summer. Can this pattern be used with yarn of a suitable softness for an infant, or will the pattern be lost? Should I be worried about little fingers and toes being caught in the lacy portions? The spiral has a deep meaning for the mother and this is the prettiest pattern I've found thus far. Any help would be appreciated!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home